A memorable logo is an all important part of a business’s brand identity. What are the logo’s that first come to your mind? I bet the likes of McDonalds, Coca-Cola and Nike are first to the fore. These companies have nailed their branding and are consistent. Sadly, not all companies get it right… In fact some get it spectacularly wrong. How do they fail?
Generally, fails fall under 4 categories and all stem from a lack of thought at the planning stage.
• Right design, wrong product
• Wrong design, wrong product
• Offensive without merit
• Completely off the mark
5 Things to Consider
1. Look to a product that is useful/has value for the target audience
2. Ensure this product will complement your brand message (for instance a premium brand wouldn’t do well to cheapen their image)
3. Ensure the message complements the brand and gives the campaign meaning
4. Be sure that the product will add value to the relationship it’s designed to improve
It is so important when putting your brand out to market that the message is fit for purpose. At Red Energy Promotions, we find ourselves guiding customers to avoid problems such as these. It’s very much a collaborative effort and having a second or third opinion helps each campaign in testing their concept before going to production.
How you can look to avoid marketing ‘fails’. When liaising with a supplier like Red Energy Promotions, look to convey the ultimate goal of the campaign, you’ll often find that the design can take on an angle that hadn’t been previously explored.
For ideas tailored for your business, talk to us.