Chances are that you’ve heard of a thing called the internet and yes, this fad is likely to last. The internet has (and continues) to change the way we do business. From adding a new method of customer enquiries, through to businesses being developed purely to promote their wares online – having an online presence has never been more important.
Where businesses generally fail with their websites, is that they forget to look at the experience from the perspective of their customer. Your customers generally come to you with a problem (expecting a solution to that problem).
For instance – we are considering a family, we should get health insurance. The customer visits your website and you bombard them with information that allows you to boast your company and does nothing to address their need.
- Get to the point – tell your customers what you can offer them and what you do well.
- Simplify the look of your website, don’t bury the important information to make these people search for it.
- Find a way to communicate 1 to 1 – request contact information to allow you the chance to discuss (and close) the sale.
How does your online presence represent your company’s brand?
In this, we aren’t talking about the colours in the design of your website… If your company stands for fun, vibrant and easy to deal with – use this same approach in the way you present your webpage.
For ideas on designing or redesigning your website to become more user friendly, talk to our team.
Also… think about the domain name… Here is a snapshot of the most notorious website names.
Your customers could end up thinking you sell a completely different product.
- kidsexchange.net Kids Exchange
- penisland.net Pen Island
- sydneytherapistonline.com Sydney Therapist
- gotahoe.com Go Tahoe
- choosespain.com Choose Spain
- partnerstalking.com.au Partners Talking
- webone.com.au Web One
- nobraces.com.au No Braces
- molestationnursery.com Mole Station Nursery
- wintersexpress.com Winters Express
- teacherstalk.com Teachers Talk
- childrenswear.co.uk Childrens Wear
- auctionshit.com Auctions Hit
- ihavegas.com IHA Vegas Holiday Rentals
- oddsextractor.com Odds Extractor